The Society is a member of the Canadian Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences (CFHSS or FedCan) http://www.ideas-idees.ca/
and traditionally holds its annual meeting in conjunction with the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences (formerly the Learned Societies): http://www.congress2013.ca/program/events/meeting-canadian-society-study-names
At the meeting, members may present papers in formal theme sessions, participate in a toponymic fieldtrip and attend the annual general meeting of the Society.
In 2013, the CSSN will meet as part of the Congress of the Humanites and Social Sciences to be held at University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia, June 1 and 2.
Congress Theme: On the Edge
Co-organisators of the Meeting are:
- the vice president Diane Dechief (Toronto) elected for the three-year period 2012-2015
- President of CSSN-SCO is Carol J. Léonard (Edmonton),
- secretary-treasurer Léo La Brie (Ottawa),
- coordinator of the journal "Onomastica Canadiana" Marie Thériault (Montréal),
- and the editor of the Newsletter William Davey (Cape Breton, Senior Scholar).