Thursday, March 1, 2018

About myself




My name is Dr. Evgeny Shokhenmayer.

Being of Russian-German origin from the South Ural, I am a German citizen.

I have graduated from the Pedagogical State University of Orenburg (Russia) in 2002 with the Diploma of Higher Graduate Education (equivalent of BA+MA) in French, English, Linguistics and Didactics.

Then I have worked as a Teaching Assistant in French and Latin.



In 2004 I have been given a scholarship from the French Republic for my doctoral research in 2005 in both onomastics and textual linguistics (so to say, "name-based text analysis" - the term of mine!). I finished my thesis in 2008, defended in 2009 at the West Paris University Nanterre La Défense (former Paris X) under the supervision of one of the greatest French discourse analysts Monsieur Jean-François Jeandillou.

Then I stayed in Germany and worked as Teacher of Foreign Languages at the High School of Minden (in German "Gymnasium FES Minden") where I taught French, English, Russian and Latin.

Since 2012 I have been Visiting Assistant Professor at the Zhejiang University in Hangzhou (China).


Since 2013 I am Teacher of Foreign Languages at the High School of Lahr, where I teach English and French.

In 2016, I was invited to edit and assit to prepare volumes of Onoma (journal dedicated to onomastics) for publication.

In 2017, I have been nominated as Assistant Secretary and Web Officer at ICOS. This position plays a key role in helping to raise the profile and awareness of the ICOS and onomastics through the implementation and coordination of a range of information, communications and announcing activity. I am responsible for digital content creation and management, and for developing and maintaining the online presence of the Council on its website, intranet and partner websites.

You can find my profile everywhere:

LinkedIn:            link
ICOS:                 link
ResearchGate:    link
Google Scholar: link
Academia EDU: link



No comments:

Post a Comment